Monday, October 5, 2009

homemade laundry soap....


I have been making my own laundry soap for about 3 months now.....


I got these cute enamel pots off of ebay and I used my criket to cut out the words

















also, about a month ago I started making my own fabric softner.....







after the first batch of laundry soap I changed the recipe just a bit cause I didn't feel like my whites were getting clean enough.....but, now with that change it works great and it's a lot cheaper!!!



ingredients:
3 bars fels naptha soap (grated)
1 box arm & hammer washing soda (4 lbs)
2 boxes arm & hammer baking soda (4 lbs)
1 box borax (4lbs)
and then I add I small box of inexpensive laundry soap - usually surf
grate soap with cheese grater (I use a salad shooter - cause it's faster) mix all ingredients together.
use 1 Tablespoon per load or 2 -3 Tablespoons for heavy soiled
there are other variations out there,but this is the one I use. If interested in trying the others go to http://www.tipnut.com/
great site for other things too
fabric softner ingredients:
6 cups water
3 cups vinegar
2 cups (16 ounces) cheap conditioner (whatever scent you like)
mix and store in a one-gallon container. You can keep refilling your store-bought container. It may separate. Shake each time you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com